I love this smoothie. I make it at least twice a week. There are so many amazing benefits and it's delicious, especially if you love spice! The ginger and tumeric provide supreme anti-inflammatory powers and both ease digestion. Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels and protects the heart. Barley grass juice power is deeply alkalizing to the body, anti-inflammatory and increases energy while improving digestion. Hawaiian spirulina is a blue-green microalgae that deeply assists the immune system, oxygenates the blood and detoxifies the body.
To create you will need:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh mango
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 3 cups of coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp of barley grass juice powder
- 1 tsp of Hawaiian spirulina
- 1 thumb length of fresh ginger root
- 1 inch of fresh tumeric root or 1 tsp of dried tumeric root
- 1/2 tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Enjoy!