Happy day of the Goddess! Each Friday is the day of Venus, the day of the Divine Feminine. And on the 13th this power is amplified as 13 is a sacred number to the Great Mother. This year has been a year to remind our psyches that She is We and that there is plenty for all at the table of the Goddess. Last Friday the 13th was in April and I wrote about how this day was hijacked many moons ago.
This week's edition will be dedicated to what is alive for me, as I am currently Loveland, Colorado mentoring with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes. It is a high honor to sit at the feet of a woman who has been a guiding light in my life since my late teens, when Women Who Run With the Wolves appeared on our bookshelf at home. To meet Dr. Estes is to meet an incredible medicine woman who embodies graceful queendom and humble sovereignty. Her presence offers a multitude of blessings, and I look forward to sharing this medicine with you.
Yesterday the Eclipse Portal revealed its magic with the Cancer New Moon and a powerful opposition to Pluto, Lord of the Underworld. As I have stated this is a powerful summer to dive into the shadow and to honor what needs to be revealed. You may still access 👑 Your Guide to Thrive 👑. And, in the meantime, I offer the gift of Dr. Estes's wise words on how to live in the world today, words which were shared in our session this morning. They are not a direct quote, as I used them as a springboard by adding a few additional words here and there. However, if you do share, please give her work credit.
How to Live in the World Today
- Pick three things in your inner life and three things in your outer life and give your days to those. See them through to completion.
- Stay informed of current events (if your heart and psyche can hold the reality) so that you know who and where to send your prayers.
- Vote for the most winnable candidates in any election that best fit your values. Historically fascism has risen due to third party candidates.
- Participate in politics at the local level, know your city council representatives. Write letters in concise one paragraph formats to your senators, representatives, governors, etc.
- Participate in the world around you as this balances out the feeling of being helpless versus wishing to stick your head in the sand.
- Reassure your vulnerable friends whether they are people of color, single parents, trans, gay, etc. . . .reassure them that you have their back. And mean it.
- We must go into action. We stand for the purity of Self and the decency of others. A nightmare is a nightmare because there is no ending. You must help to create a new one.
We are the medicine,