The gong is said to be the greatest tool of the Yogi. To play the gong is to the play the universe itself. Yogi Bhajan, the master of the technology of Kundalini Yoga taught that out of the gong came all music, all sounds, and all words--the sound of the gong being the nucleus of the Word. The gong is not an instrument--it is pure reinforced vibration and is the only tool that you can produce space vibrations.
We use gong sound healing as a part of relaxation in a Kundalini Yoga class to create deep release and seal the practice. I also offer gong sound healing sessions in an alchemical blend with my stone medicine practice. The combination of Daoist stone and crystal healing with the space vibrations of the gong is pure magic and creates healing on a deep cellular level.
Seven benefits of the gong include:
1. The gong creates a space for the mind to release. This in turn allows for true sovereignty and mental freedom as age old ancestral subconscious blocks dissolve. The purity of spirit cleanses the realm of the mind creating a space to receive insight and spiritual wisdom from your divine essence.
2. The gong works on the meridians of the body. The meridians of the body are the superhighways of energy and flow. This allows body blocks to soften, stimulates circulation and reduces tension. The practice of Kundalini Yoga is based on opening the highways of energy to create more flow and greater vitality in the body. The Daoist form of Stone Medicine I practice also calls for placing stones on the meridians of the body.
3. Emotional transformation occurs through gong sound healing. The reverberations of the gong reorganizes the emotional energy and feelings that are tied into the physical body.
4. The gong heals the nervous system. Some people have a profound experience of letting go as the gong opens up the portals of the nervous system where trauma is stored. The gong deeply assists with healing drug abuse and any form of addiction.
5. The gong stimulates the glandular system to a higher level of function. When our endocrine system is awakened and activated the glands secret as Nature intended. We literally become healthier and more relaxed and therefore happier beings.
6. And in turn, our chakras, the energetic portals of the glandular system become organized and activated so that we may live in higher awareness.
7. Ultimately the gong creates deep relaxation. The ability to relax is everything in our contemporary age. Through deep and total relaxation our bodies heal and we connect to our divine wisdom, merging with our true purpose, our Sat Nam.
It is your birthright to tap into your own divine wisdom.
We are the Medicine.